Wishing Well Poems
WISHING WELL POEM: 1
Our two families have come together as one.
We really hope you can join in the fun.
A wishing well we thought would be great,
but only if you wish to participate.
A gift of money is placed in the well,
then make a special wish, but do not tell!
Please do not be offended by our request,
as our day is complete having you as a guest.
WISHING WELL POEM: 2
If finding a gift is hard to do
Our wishing well is just for you
A gift of money is placed in the well
Then make a wish but do not tell
If it is, however, a gift you find
Please feel assure, we will not mind
WISHING WELL POEMS: 3
In our house we have the things
that living together normally brings
most household items we’ve already bought
And because of this reason
we thought a wishing well would be great
Only if guests wish to participate
A gift of money is placed in an envelope
So in the future we hope
to furnish our home to its very best
And always remember it was due to our guests.
WISHING WELL POEM: 4
To save you looking, shopping or buying.
Here is an idea, we hope you like trying.
Come to our wedding, to wish us both well.
And bring this small sack, to throw in our wishing well.
Fill it with paper all colours will do,
gold is our favourite but silver will do.
Now that we have saved you, all of that fuss.
We hope you will come, and celebrate with us.
WISHING WELL POEM: 5
We made a commitment some time ago
that together through life we were destined to go.
We purchased our furniture, linen and bedding,
in the fulfilling years leading up to our wedding.
What else we might need is not easy to foresee,
but what might help us in the future is a deposit on our Giving Tree.
WISHING WELL POEM: 6
More than just kisses so far we’ve shared
Our home has been made with love and care
Most things we need we’ve already got
Like a toaster and kettle, pans and pots
A wishing well we thought would be great
(but only if you wish to participate )
A gift of money is placed in a well
Then make a wish…but do not tell
Once we’ve replaced the old with the new
We can look back and say it was all thanks to you!
WISHING WELL POEM: 7
Like little birds who built their home with care
we have every stick and every little chair
We have each other and that’s the best
But should you wish to honour us with a gift
Just pop it in our nest!
If you are inviting children to be a part of the ceremony and not the reception or you are after a kid free event. Here are some ideas on how we can include this in your invitations.
- In order to allow all guests, including parents, an evening of relaxation we have chosen for our wedding day to be an adult only occasion. We hope this advance notice means you are still able to share our big day and will enjoy having the evening off!
- Children at the ceremony, we'd love them on the scene. Reception time, however, is an adult's only theme.
- To give all our guests the opportunity to let their hair down and have a good time without having to worry about little eyes and ears we politely request no children.
- While we love to watch the children run and play, this is an adults only kind of day.
- Children are very welcome to attend the ceremony but the reception is an adults-only affair.
- Children are welcome at the ceremony, however to allow all of our guests to enjoy an evening of relaxation, we respectfully advise that the reception is for adults only.
- Please join us for an adult reception at six o’clock.
- We respectfully request no children under 16 at the reception.
Although we love your little ones, this is an adult only affair.
The bride and groom request that this be an adults-only reception.
Please celebrate with us at an adults-only reception immediately following the ceremony.